When summer comes to an end and the new school year begins, communities gathering to cheer on high school students at state championship events might notice something a little different. This week, we announced that OnPoint is the new title sponsor for Oregon high school state championships, as part of a five-year partnership with the Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA). This is a partnership we’re proud to embark upon – one that honors our educational roots and provides support to our community and members.
Our Partnership with OSAA
The OSAA is a nonprofit organization comprised of 292 member schools and dedicated to ensuring equitable competition for Oregon high school students through OSAA-sponsored activities. Our partnership with OSAA includes five key elements:
- OnPoint will be the title sponsor of all state championship events through 2023.
- OnPoint and the OSAA will work together to promote financial education and literacy in high schools.
- OnPoint will be the title sponsor of the OSAA Scholar Program, which recognizes all graduating seniors who have achieved a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA and earned a varsity letter in an OSAA-sanctioned activity at any point in their high school career. New to the program are college grants awarded by OnPoint and the OSAA Foundation to six qualifying students.
- OnPoint will be the title sponsor of the OSAA Academic All-State Program, which recognizes the boys and girls team in each OSAA-sanctioned activity with the highest grade point average.
- Through donations, OnPoint will support the Student Assistance Program, which helps provide athletic gear to students in need. Since its inception, the program has helped an average of 1,146 students from 87 high schools annually.
- Providing More Financial Education to Our Communities
The OSAA is active and engaged in every community and school district in Oregon. Through our partnership with the OSAA, OnPoint will be able to have a deeper impact in the communities we serve and advance our commitment to financial education. In part, OnPoint will be offering financial education resources to classrooms across the state. The partnership is great for all Oregon high school students who benefit every day from the many OSAA activities that enrich their education. We’re proud to be a small part of their educational journey.
Supporting Activities that Enrich Student Education
In partnering with OSAA, OnPoint supports well-rounded experiences for students. The OSAA sponsors 118 state championships in 19 interscholastic activities including choir, dance and drill, band, orchestra, solo music and speech, as well as football, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls swimming, wrestling, cheerleading, baseball, softball, boys and girls track and field, boys and girls tennis, and boys and girls golf.
Increasing Our Commitment to Students, Schools and Educators
We continue our commitment to strengthening local education by supporting students, schools and educators in a variety of ways, including the OnPoint Prize for Excellence in Education. Our partnership with the OSAA builds upon our longstanding commitment to education. Now we can join with communities we serve to cheer on students not just in the classroom, but also on the court, on the field and on the stage.