- Each nomination must include all four completed parts of the application. (See nomination components below.) For more details, review the application checklist.
- Online submission through this website is strongly encouraged.
- All submission materials should be prepared in advance so that you may complete the nomination form at one time and include all required parts. You will not be able to save a partial submission and continue later. Partial or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Entries become the property of OnPoint Community Credit Union upon submission. No part of the online submission will be returned to you.
- Additional details and qualifications for participation apply. See official contest rules.
- Questions about the nomination process? Click here to contact us.
- While online submissions are strongly encouraged, physical applications will also be accepted by mail or at any OnPoint Branch location.
Nomination Components – What must I submit?
The Educator of the Year nomination form consists of four parts: General Information, Letters of Recommendation, Statement of Educational Philosophy and Portfolio/Work Samples.
We ask for information about the nomine and their school. This information may be submitted electronically, which is preferred, or as part of your physical nomination packet.
Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required for each nominee. Suggested sources for the letters are one from the teacher’s principal, one from a peer and one from a student or student family member.
Statement of Educational Philosophy
A narrative statement written by the nominee outlining their educational philosophy. This may highlight the following:
- Values, beliefs and goals as an educator
- Teaching methods applied in the classroom
- Methods of assessing students’ learning and their own teaching success
- How they’ve grown as an educator and what influences their teaching style
A portfolio of the teacher’s work and accomplishments should be submitted with this application. Portfolio pieces could include: Student notes, interesting projects, unique assignments or examples of classroom work. A compelling portfolio will convey how the nominee connects with students, the community and peers.
Preparing Your Nomination
Electronic Submissions (preferred)
- Complete Part 1 – General Information – via our web form.
- Submit Parts 2-4 via email – instructions will be sent to you upon completion of the web form to the email address you list as the nominator.
- Be sure to include your nominee’s last name as part of each file that you submit (ex: SMITH_Part 2_lettersofrec_20.PDF)
3. Email the files you wish to submit to complete your nomination to: [email protected]
Physical Nomination Packet (accepted)
Print a copy of Part 1 (General Information) and submit it along with the rest of your nomination materials via mail (OnPoint Prize Selection Committee, PO Box 3750, Portland, OR 97208) or at any OnPoint branch location.