- Each nomination must include all four completed parts of the application outlined in the nomination checklist.
- Entries become the property of OnPoint Community Credit Union upon submission. No part of the online submission will be returned to you.
- Additional details and qualifications for participation apply. See official contest rules.
- Questions about the nomination process? Click here to contact us.
Nomination Components – What must I submit to nominate an educator?
The Educator of the Year nomination consists of four parts: General Information via online form, Letters of Recommendation, Statement of Educational Philosophy and Portfolio/Work Samples.
1 – General Information
We ask for information about the nominee and their school. This information is submitted via online form that can be found here.
2 – Letters of Recommendation
Three letters of recommendation are required for each nominee. Suggested sources for the letters are one from the teacher’s principal, one from a peer, and one from a student or student family member.
3 – Statement of Educational Philosophy
A narrative statement written by the nominee outlining their educational philosophy. This may highlight the following:
- Values, beliefs and goals as an educator
- Teaching methods applied in the classroom
- Methods of assessing students’ learning and their own teaching success
- How they incorporate diversity, equity and inclusion into their classroom
- How they have adapted their classroom/teaching approach during the COVID-19 pandemic and supported students through distance learning
4 – Portfolio/Work Samples
A portfolio of the teacher’s work and accomplishments should be submitted with this application. Portfolio pieces could include: student notes, interesting projects, unique assignments, examples of involvement in community and school activities or examples of classroom work. A compelling portfolio will convey how the nominee connects with students, the community and peers. Please limit submission to 4 pages max.
Preparing Your Nomination
Please submit your nomination following these steps:
- Complete Part 1 – General Information – via our web form
- Submit Parts 2-4 via email – instructions will be sent to you upon completion of the web form to the email address you list for the nominator