- This event has passed.
OnPoint mortgage professionals take you through a step-by-step explanation of buying a home, share key resources available to you, and demonstrate how OnPoint can make navigating the process fast and easy. A real estate agent will also be available to answer any questions you may have.
You’ll learn about:
- Finding the home you want in the neighborhoods you desire (even when they’re selling fast)
- Avoiding common home-buying mistakes
- The best loans for first-time home buyers, including zero down options
- Tax advantages of owning a home
- Ways to improve your credit score
- The home inspection process and how to negotiate repairs with the seller
- When to consider foreclosed, bank owned and short sale properties
- And more
I take pride in doing the work up front to make the borrowing process smooth and free from surprises for you.
I enjoy helping families obtain financing for their home purchase. For more than eight years, I have been teaching a first time homebuyer class to help people understand the process. I believe in providing top tier service and always doing what’s right for you, the borrower. I always recommend getting pre-approved early because it will give you plenty of time to get your questions answered and prove to sellers that you are able to make a viable offer.
As a Pacific Northwest native, I love the outdoors. I enjoy spending time with friends and family. In my free time, you’ll find me helping coach my son’s football team.
Riju - Seminar Attendee
We attended the Home Buying Seminar on Thursday and found it very helpful. We especially liked the mortgage plans with low down payment options as we are first time buyers.
At this time, there are no additional seminars related to this topic. Please visit onpointcu.com/events and select “Anywhere in Oregon or Washington” from the location options to see all upcoming live seminars and webinars.
If you have questions about our seminars or events, please provide your information below.