Change loan term
Home refinancing FAQs
Preapproval means you're essentially ready to start shopping for a house as you have formally applied for the mortgage, and we've determined that you are eligible for a mortgage of a certain amount.
- Most recent pay stubs for the past 30 days with year-to-date total.
- W-2's for the past 2 years (for all jobs held in the last 2 years).
- All pages of bank statements for all asset accounts for the last 2 months. If your accounts are with OnPoint we will gather this information for you.
- Most recent award letter(s) and last 2 years' 1099s for retirement income such as social security, IRA accounts or pensions
- Driver's license or other acceptable government-issued identification. If applicable, the Permanent Resident card is required.
- Home insurance declaration page(s) with agent name and annual premium.
- Most recent 2 year's federal tax returns including all forms and schedules including both personal, and business returns if applicable.
- Most recent monthly statement(s) for mortgages or home equity lines from all residential properties currently owned.
- If you claim rental income current lease/rental agreements signed by you and tenants.
- If purchasing,fully signed sales agreement with all addenda, counteroffers, earnest money receipt and proof earnest money cleared your account.
- If current residence is pending sale or recently sold, provide a sales agreementor Final HUD-1 Settlement Statement documenting the sale terms.
- If applicable, copies of bankruptcy discharge, divorce decree or support orders.
Get started with your mortgage loan – new purchase or refinance. Check rates, calculate your payments or apply online today!
To determine whether it makes sense for you to pay discount points, you should compare the cost of the discount points to the monthly payments savings created by the lower interest rate. Divide the total cost of the discount points by the savings in each monthly payment. This calculation provides the number of payments you'll make before you actually begin to save money by paying discount points. If the number of months it will take to recoup the discount points is longer than you plan on having this mortgage, you should consider the loan program option that doesn't require discount points to be paid.
- Cora O.
We have been members for years. We enjoy the friendly service, good rates and local business.
All OnPoint loans are subject to credit terms and approval.