Portland, Ore., December 15, 2017—OnPoint Community Credit Union recently donated a total of $160,000 to five local charities on behalf of its members and employees. In celebration of the credit union reaching $5 billion in total assets at the end of September, employees each had the opportunity to allocate $250 in contributions from the credit union among the five charities.
“Since 1932, OnPoint has had the privilege of serving our community, which is made possible by our loyal members and dedicated employees,” said Rob Stuart, President and CEO of OnPoint. “There’s no better way to celebrate this milestone than by honoring our valuable employees, thanking our members for trusting us as their financial partner, and giving back to local nonprofits who share in our commitment to community.”
Stuart and OnPoint employees recently visited each of the nonprofits to present a check and thank the organization for its critical work in Oregon and SW Washington.
“This campaign is yet another way in which OnPoint supports and celebrates its community,” said Ed Ramsey, Senior Database Administrator at OnPoint. “Over the last several years, I’ve also had the honor of serving on the Community Relations Committee – a group of employees who direct a portion of OnPoint donations to local charities – helping to connect the company with non-profits making an impact in our region. The passion for community and trust in employees are important reasons why I’m so proud to work at OnPoint.”
In total, OnPoint gave $160,000 to five organizations:
- OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital offers the region’s broadest range of pediatric treatments – to more children in more places than any other hospital in Oregon or Southwest Washington. OnPoint’s gift will support the Gary and Christine Rood Family Pavilion, a five-story guest house providing temporary lodging for patients and families who travel long distances to OHSU for specialized care.
- The Oregon Food Bank collects food from farmers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, individuals and government sources, and distributes that food through a statewide network of 21 regional food banks and approximately 970 partner agencies serving all of Oregon and Clark County, Washington. OnPoint’s donation will provide 100,000 meals to local families.
- The Oregon Humane Society rescues, heals and adopts more than 11,000 pets each year. Donations to OHS support adoption, education and animal cruelty investigation programs. OnPoint’s gift will feed every pet in the shelter for six months, equip three OHS Humane Investigators to rescue pets, fund the OHS animal hospital for one day, and spay and neuter 65 pets.
- Schoolhouse Supplies supports public education by providing free school supplies to students in need. Donations help ensure that all children have equal access to tools that allow them to achieve academic success and feel confident. OnPoint’s gift will support the Free Store for Teachers program, which distributes free school supplies to 65,000 local schoolchildren each year.
- The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working in Oregon and Washington, and around the world, to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. OnPoint’s donation will help this organization to achieve its goal to restore 4 million acres of Oregon forests by 2026.
“The gift from OnPoint employees will go a long way in rescuing, sheltering and finding homes for animals, especially during the cold winter months,” said Sharon Harmon, CEO of the Oregon Humane Society. “We deeply value our partnership with OnPoint and its support for OHS.”
To learn more about OnPoint’s community partnerships and watch short videos of OnPoint’s celebration of these organizations, visit www.onpointcu.com/giving.
ABOUT ONPOINT COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION
OnPoint Community Credit Union is the largest credit union in Oregon, serving more than 336,000 members and with assets of $5 billion. Founded in 1932, OnPoint Community Credit Union’s membership is available to anyone who lives or works in one of 13 Oregon counties (Benton, Clackamas, Columbia, Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson, Lane, Linn, Marion, Multnomah, Polk, Washington and Yamhill) and two Washington counties (Skamania and Clark) and their immediate family members. More information is available at www.onpointcu.com or 503-228-7077 or 800-527-3932.Go to press releases