The warm (or rather hot) summer weather has officially brought everyone out of hibernation! Parks, streets and sidewalks are filled with members of our local community. This July, OnPoint is sponsoring a variety of events in the Portland Metro Area – so, stop by our booth and say hello!
Wallace Park Summer Concerts – Thursdays in July
Are you ready for some live music and great company? We are! Pack a picnic dinner or dine with the concert food vendors, bring a blanket, and join us for the Concerts in the Park Summer Free for All series at Wallace Park. These concerts are a great way to spend time with family and friends. Come check the series out:
· July 7: CASTLETOWN (Energetic Celtic folk rock)
· July 14: GENO MICHAELS & SOUL CITY (Neo-Soul, R&B, funk)
· July 21: CALEB KLAUDER (Americana, honky tonk)
For full details, visit Portland Parks & Recreation.
Willamette Park Summer Concerts – Wednesdays in July
Join us at Willamette Park every Wednesday this July from 6:30 to 8:00 pm for the Summer Free for All concert series. Come check out these four concerts, if you’re in the neighborhood:
· July 6: FREAK MOUNTAIN RAMBLERS (Home brewed mountain rock ‘n’ roll)
· July 13: MALEA & THE TOURISTS (Portland’s dynamic swing, pop, variety band)
· July 20: THE BACK ALLEY STRING BAND (Bluegrass, Americana and original acoustic music)
· July 27: REGGIE HOUSTON’S BOX OF CHOCOLATES (Fine sax with strings attached)
For more concert details, visit Portland Parks & Recreation.
Oregon City’s Concerts in the Park – Thursdays in July & August
Summer is the time to enjoy great, local outdoor music with friends and family. We’re partnering with Oregon City Parks and Recreation to support fun, entertaining music and a place for locals to gather. These free concerts will be held at the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center from 6:30 – 8:30 pm every Thursday beginning July 7. Stop by, and say hello at one of these three concerts:
· July 14: BARRACUDA | The Essential Tribute to HEART
· August 4: CLOVERDALE | Country Music (Nashville-based husband & wife songwriting team)
· August 18: JOHNNY LIMBO & THE LUGNUTS | Classic hits of the 50’s and 60’s
First Annual City Slickers Cruise In
On Saturday, July 16, City Slickers will be filling the Sellwood Baptist Church parking lot with classic American motors. If you’re a car fanatic, it doesn’t get much better than shiny clean paint jobs, glistening chrome, and the smell of motor oil. Cruise by between 11:00 am – 4:00 pm for the City Slickers Cruise In. We hope to see you there.
Author: Acacia Kersey, Marketing Specialist | Marketing Services