It’s the holiday season! That wonderful time of year when we celebrate friendship and family by giving gifts and by gathering together with the people we love. It’s also a time for remembering the needs of our community, and at OnPoint, it’s a time for giving back to local nonprofits who work tirelessly to help those in need.
What is “Celebrating Our Community Partnerships”?
At the end of September, OnPoint, reached $5 billion in assets, thanks to our dedicated employees and our loyal members who trust OnPoint as their financial partner. To mark this important milestone, the Celebrating Our Community Partnerships campaign donated $160,000 to five amazing charities that are near and dear to the hearts of many OnPoint employees and members.
Each employee had the opportunity to allocate a $250 donation from OnPoint among these great organizations:
- OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital offers the region’s broadest range of pediatric treatments – to more children in more places than any other hospital in Oregon or Southwest Washington. OnPoint’s gift will support the Gary and Christine Rood Family Pavilion, a five-story guest house providing temporary lodging for patients and families who travel long distances to OHSU for specialized care.
- The Oregon Food Bank collects food from farmers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, individuals and government sources, and distributes that food through a statewide network of 21 regional food banks and approximately 970 partner agencies serving all of Oregon and Clark County, Washington. OnPoint’s donation will provide 100,000 meals to local families.
- The Oregon Humane Society rescues, heals and adopts more than 11,000 pets each year. Donations to OHS support adoption, education and animal cruelty investigation programs. OnPoint’s gift will feed every pet in the shelter for six months, equip three OHS Humane Investigators to rescue pets, fund the OHS animal hospital for one day, and spay and neuter 65 pets.
- Schoolhouse Supplies supports public education by providing free school supplies to students in need. Donations help ensure that all children have equal access to tools that allow them to achieve academic success and feel confident. OnPoint’s gift will support the Free Store for Teachers program, which distributes free school supplies to 65,000 local schoolchildren each year.
- The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working in Oregon and Washington, and around the world, to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. OnPoint’s donation will help this organization to achieve its goal to restore 4 million acres of Oregon forests by 2026.
Recently OnPoint employees, along with our CEO Rob Stuart and members of our leadership team visited each of these charities, presenting a check and thanking them for the critical work they do to treat children battling illness, eliminate hunger, rescue and shelter animals, provide free school supplies to teachers and kids, and protect ecologically important lands and waters.
We are honored to count these organizations among our friends and partners, and proud of our teammates, whose personal commitment to these charities and so many others help make our region a better place. And we are grateful to our members, who have trusted OnPoint since 1932.
How can I be a part of Celebrating Our Community Partnerships?
We invite you, as you are able, to consider sharing your time or resources with an organization that is doing great work in our community. It’s that simple, and every little bit helps. For all of us at OnPoint who have participated in the Celebrating Our Community Partnerships campaign, it has been our joy to give back.
Happy holidays to you and yours, from everyone at OnPoint.