It may seem like a cliché, but the New Year is a good time to refresh, review and get a handle on your finances. If you’re struggling to break down your finance goals into manageable tasks, join OnPoint’s 52-week money savings challenge. Whether you’re saving for that fun family vacation or trying to pay down credit card debt, the OnPoint 52-week money savings challenge is a great way to help you stay on track!
So, what exactly is the 52-week savings challenge? It is a simple money saving challenge, but it requires discipline. Each week during the challenge, deposit the number of that week into your savings account. For example, during week one deposit $1, week two deposit $2, week five deposit $5, etc. If you feel the challenge is too simple to start off, try the challenge in reverse, starting with a deposit of $52 during week one, $51 during week two, etc. Whichever method you choose, at the end of the year you will have saved over $1,300.
Need a little extra motivation to get started? Each month during the challenge we will give away a $100 OnPoint Visa gift card. Here’s a recap of what our latest challenge winners are saving for:
· September 2016: Rick McClatchey is saving for a vacation.
· October 2016: Jacci Miratsky is saving money to help rescue dogs and for fun road trips.
· November 2016: Gordon Kling is saving to purchase a car.
· December 2016: Ericka Jostad Hartley is saving for her lifetime goal of owning a health club.
To enter for your chance to win, simply follow and/or like OnPoint on one or more of the following social channels, and share your savings goals:
· Facebook – comment on the savings challenge post
· Twitter – reply to @OnPointCU with a comment
· Instagram – comment on the savings challenge post
The first few weeks may be simple but throughout the year the challenge may progressively get harder. Just remember, the purpose of this challenge is to discipline yourself into learning how to stay committed to your savings goals.
For complete giveaway Terms and Conditions, click here.
Also, check out our “3 Tips to Better Manage your Money in 2017” blog post for more ways to save.
Author: Acacia Kersey, Marketing Specialist | Marketing Services